With certain fruit and vegetables piling up on your kitchen counter the last thing you want are fruit flies swarming your bathroom too. They’re not only annoying a menace to food – getting rid of them can seem like a difficult task. However, there are a few effective ways to get rid of fruit flies in the bathroom.
Here are some tips on how to get rid of fruit flies in the bathroom
- Dump out all the containers of liquids, soaps, and gels that are under the sink. These things attract fruit flies like crazy!
- Make sure you clean out all drains regularly and wipe down walls around the bathtub or shower with warm water and vinegar (or lemon juice) to remove any sticky residue that could attract them.
- Check any drains or plumbing fixtures for leaks. A leaky faucet or showerhead can cause fruit flies to breed in your bathroom. Repair any leaks as soon as possible.
- Spray down the inside of each cabinet with disinfectant spray or wipe them down with disinfectant wipes. This will kill off any remaining eggs.
If you’re looking for an easy, natural way to get rid of fruit flies in your bathroom, try this simple recipe
- Spray some liquid dish soap in a glass bowl or jar and add a little bit of white wine vinegar to it.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and punch a few small holes in the plastic wrap using a toothpick or thumbtack.
- Put this into your bathroom near wherever you think they are getting in from the outside.
They will be drawn to the vinegar smell and go for it, falling into the bowl or jar where they will drown.
In order to get rid of fruit flies in the bathroom, you will need to use a technique where you can lure them into your fruit fly trap. They are hungry for sugars and starches, just like we are. They will search out these foods whenever they have the opportunity because it is what they need to survive. Therefore, you can use that fact to your advantage.